Does Mini Cooper have a rear view camera?
Mini Coopers are popular among drivers belonging to different demographics. Their popularity is mostly owed to their smaller size and the simplicity of their exterior. Judging by its size, you might think that they are easy to drive and parking such an undersized vehicle can’t be tough. However, Mini Cooper’s rear view camera makes driving and earning it even more comfortable.
How did it become mandatory?
Rear view cameras in Mini Coopers became necessary for all Mini Coopers after 2018. They became a definitive feature of the car in that year which includes the visual aid with the monitor, which is helpful while parking and reversing. There are sensors and alarms in their cameras that detect unidentified objects closer to the vehicle with three lines of different colors red, blue, and yellow that serve as an indication to stop.
Advantages of rear view cameras in Mini Coopers
- You can adjust the brightness of the images that are displayed on your monitor. If you like brighter images, you can just press the brightness buttons to increase the intensity.
- The camera helps you with parking. The different colored lines tell you the angles and help you avoid colliding with other objects while you park at the perfect spot.
- You can adjust the contrast of the camera during different times of the day to make the visuals easy to see.
- The park assists feature helps you park the car without any effort. You can let go of the steering wheel and reverse carefully, and you get parked.
- The cameras have various sensors that have audio alerts if you get too close to an object, acting as a warning.
Disadvantages of rear view cameras in Mini Coopers
- One main disadvantage can be that the cameras are pricey because they have so many additional specifications.
Are these cameras necessary?
Rear view cameras have proven to be necessary for not just Mini Coopers, but all the vehicles that you can think of. They have increased various safety measures for other vehicles as well as pedestrians walking on the roads. Mini Coopers have smaller sizes, so they don’t have many blind spots anyway which is why these cameras cover the whole area behind the car, reducing any chance of a mishap. Parking is easier in the tightest spaces with these cameras as well.
Location of the camera
The rear view camera is located at the rear end of the car. The exact location varies from model to model, however, most of them are attached near the license plate so they can cover a larger area. The monitor is located in front of the car, the latest Minis with higher tech have the monitors installed in the steering wheel to make it more comfortable for the drivers to navigate through the roads.
Mini Coopers with their standard rearview camera can be the safest vehicle option for you. You can have other models of this camera installed in your Mini if you prefer.